St Mary's College has an enrolment of approximately 800 students from Reception to Year 12 and has a learning structure of:
Junior School.....Reception to Year 6
Middle School....Year 7 to Year 9
Senior School.....Year 10 to Year 12
Each Sub School has its own director.
Ready for Year 7 2019
You may be aware that in 2015 the South Australian Commission for Catholic Schools endorsed a move towards shifting Year 7 from primary to secondary settings. Catholic Education South Australia (CESA) is now implementing that decision and most Catholic schools in South Australia will make this change in 2019. This means that, for most schools, Year 6 will become the final year of primary schooling. Year 7 will become the first year of secondary schooling.
What does this mean for our school?
St Mary's College will continue to operate as a Reception Year 12 school. As St Mary's College already has a Year 7 enrolment intake and Year 7 is the start of our Middle Schooling structure, we will continue this practice with a view to increasing Year 7 numbers to 5 classes by 2019.
Why move Year 7 to secondary?
This decision is primarily about meeting the learning, social and emotional needs of young people across all Catholic Schools. It is also about strengthening pathways from primary to secondary schools across Catholic Education. Offering a consistent entry into secondary school at Year 7 makes it easier for students to explore and access all options. You will find Ready for Year 7 resources including a video and fact sheets at www.cesa.catholic.edu.au, we encourage you to look at those resources.
St Mary's College Enrolment Process
Our enrolment intakes are Reception (Term 1 and Term 3 commencement), as well as Year 7 and Year 8.
- Interviews for Reception take place up to 18 months prior to commencement
- Year 7 and Year 8 commence up to 2 years prior to intake commencement
- Single places are occasionally available in other Year Levels with interviews usually taking place in Term 2 and 3 the year prior to commencement
- Following the enrolment interview, if a place is to be offered, a written offer is then made to you and the enrolment is confirmed by payment of the $300.00 non-refundable deposit. This deposit is later deducted from the first tuition fee account once your daughter begins at St Mary's College
- In the event that a place is offered by the College and accepted by you, the terms detailed in the Application for Enrolment Form will form part of the Contract of Enrolment
The Application for Enrolment Form is an application only and a place is not guaranteed until the College offers your daughter a place.
How to Apply
- Download and print the Enrolment Application Form provided on this page, or
- Contact the College on 8216 5700 to arrange for an enrolment package to be posted to you, or
- Request an enrolment package to be sent via post via our online contact us form
- Complete the Enrolment Form and return it to the College with the $75 non-refundable application fee.
- Your application will be acknowledged and your daughter included on the relevant applications list.
Information included within the enrolment package can be accessed by clicking on the following links:
- Enrolment Application Form
- Fee Schedule and Policy
- Uniform Price List
- 2018 Curriculum Information
- Indigenous Reconciliation Scholarships
Please do not hesitate to contact the College should you wish to discuss enrolments further.