Year 7 Teacher - Maths/Science
We are looking for a teacher to join our Middle School team. The main teaching load will be in Year 7 with some teaching in Year 8 and 9 also required.
- Actively support and promote the Catholic Dominican Ethos of the College;
- Demonstrate a deep knowledge of curriculum content and how to teach and engage Middle School students with a specialised Maths/Science focus;
- Extensive understanding of Middle School Pedagogy, learning that develops the General Capabilities and approaches to inter-disciplinary learning;
- Show evidence of the use of digital technologies to enhance learning;
- Commitment to work enthusiastically and collaboratively as part of a Year 7 team;
- Create a positive culture for learning and wellbeing in an all girls' environment with an emphasis on Restorative Practices and Positive Education;
- Have highly developed interpersonal and communication skills in order to build positive relationship with students and families.
Existing permanent CESA staff are encouraged to apply and will receive priority consideration
The successful candidate will be expected to undergo our screening process.
Applications should consist of:
- covering letter,
- Curriculum Vitae,
- statement addressing the criteria as outlined in the Role Details;
- the names and contact details of 3 current referees; and
- An Application Declaration Form must be completed and submitted with your application.
Applications should be no more than 6 pages in total and must be submitted to:
St Mary's College
253 Franklin Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Applications close 1pm Monday 25 June 2018
Further information about this role can be found in the PID, click here to access a copy.