Statement of Philosophy
At St Mary's College OSHC we provide a quality program that nurtures the wellbeing and learning of each student whilst supporting the families within our community.
At St Mary's OSHC we aim to provide:
- A place that is reflective of our Catholic Dominican ethos.
- A home like atmosphere.
- Flexibility in the service to meet the needs of families.
- A variety of learning opportunities appropriate to the student's interests and ages including Cooking, Gardening, Arts & Craft, Homework Support, Reading Support, Dance Parties and Movie Afternoons.
- A safe and inclusive environment where students feel welcome and can develop new friendships through play and socialization.
- A focus on healthy eating that is varied and nutritional.
- Opportunities for students and their families to be involved in practical decision making about the service.
- Appropriate supervision and duty of care for all children.
- Qualified and supportive staff who hold current National Police Clearance, First Aid training and Reporting Abuse & Neglect training (RAN).
- An affordable, accessible and financially sustainable service.
- Following the Framework for School Age Care in Australia, My Time, Our Place, we share the vision that, "All Children have the best start in life to create a better future for themselves and for the nation".
We are committed to continual improvement in the seven quality areas as outlined in the National Quality Standard:
- QA1 Educational program and practice
- QA2 Children's health and safety
- QA3 Physical environment
- QA4 Staffing arrangements
- QA5 Relationships with children
- QA6 Collaborative partnerships with families and communities
- QA7 Governance and Leadership