Introducing the Wellbeing Centre
2019 marked the beginning of the St Mary's College Wellbeing Centre. A space where students can access our school counselling services as well as a sensory/breakout space.
At St Mary's College, we aim to:
- provide safe environments where all students can learn, grow and flourish.
- create a whole school environment for positive relationships, learning and wellbeing.
- educate students in each of the social and emotional learning competencies: self-awareness, social awareness, self-management, relationship skills, responsible decision making.
- ensure that our approach to wellbeing expresses our Catholic Dominican ethos in its fullness, embracing our values of truth, justice and community.
- proactively support every student's wellbeing so that they can engage in learning.
What is wellbeing?
Wellbeing is a state in which every individual realises their potential, can cope with the normal stresses of life, can work productively and fruitfully and can contribute to the community. (WHO, 2014)